Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lunches on the road

Tomorrow is the start of the big Primal road trip.  Lunch needs to be in Muskogee, Ok.  This turns out to be a pretty friendly town for a Primal girl.  There's apparently BBQ on every corner.  I think I'll skip the supplies in our car and go straight for some smoked meaty goodness.  I hate to reinforce the stereotype that Paleo or Primal eating is basically an all you can eat meat smorgasbord, but local BBQ should be indulged in.  Hopefully, there will be green beans or a salad on the side, but if not, I can do an all meat lunch.
Lunches at the inlaws' house is sort of left up to us.  That's a very good thing.  I'll be making a lot of "Big Ass Salads".  If you don't know exactly what that is, go to Mark's Daily Apple website and let Mark Sisson teach you how to make one.  
Hmmm, turns out lunch might be the easiest meal to deal with in general.  When in doubt, carry a small bottle of nice quality oil and vinegar in your bag and add it to any salad you can get your hands on.
Dinner will be the hardest meal to deal with by far.  Tomorrow, on the road, we will be tired, hungry, and limited in choices.  Check back to see how we survive!
No exercise tomorrow. 14 hours on the road...sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment