Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Planning the Plan of Awesomness- Breakfasts

So... the big primal road trip is commencing in four days.  So far, my plan includes carrying a bag and a small cooler of emergency food.  I don't do protein shakes on a daily basis anymore, but for road tripping, I don't think I can do any better.  Free Hotel breakfast is essentially horrible.  Most of it is processed grain, and what's left is bizzaro egg product, and sausage from God only knows what source. My husband usually combines the mystery sausage with the yogurt cups, but I'm not willing to go there this trip.  So, for me, breakfast on the road will be mixed in my magic bullet in the hotel room, and will consist of single serving sized So Brand unsweetened coconut milk, blended with a packet of J Robb egg white protein and a spoon of almond butter. It's a couple of mornings.  Big deal.  While at the In-laws, I think I will alternate the shake type breakfast, (with spinach and frozen berries added) with egg and vegetable breakfast. They will have eggs and veggies in their fridge.  If not, there's a Whole Foods nearby.  Unsweetened Greek Yogurt might come into play if boredom sets in.  Hey, whatever keeps me off the pancake and waffle wagon. Lunch is a bigger dilemma.  More on this tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment