Thursday, May 30, 2013

Preparing for paleo road trip

I have a nine day road trip coming up in June.  I'll admit it.  Traveling freaks me out.  I almost always slither back into old habits.  Everything is harder! Driving for two days means less sleep, less exercise, and oh Jesus... Road food.  Staying in my in-laws house means poor sleep, less exercise, and oh crap...in law food!  Don't get me wrong. My in laws are extremely hospitable, but Paleo? Primal? Absolutely not.  Most meals include meat, surrounded by four or five starches, and maybe a salad. (From a bag.)  Chinese food is abundant as well.
To survive all this, I'm devising a master plan to up the sleep and exercise, and minimize the  Midwestern diet fare.  Planning is half the battle, commitment to the plan will be the kicker.
Next blog post : The plan of awesomeness for Primal road warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment